The U.S. M4 Sherman tank was undoubtedly one of the symbols of WWII, deployed in great quantities and numerous variants to counter the potent threat of German armor. One such variant was the M4A3E8, which was one of the final Sherman types and thus had the benefit of design improvements developed from experience in battle. These included a hardy welded late production hull, plus the welcome addition of the 76mm main gun. It was also fitted with new Horizontal Volute Spring Suspension (HVSS), and wider tracks, making for the significantly more comfortable ride that led to the M4A3E8's nickname of "Easy Eight." They were thrown into their maiden operation in the Battle of the Bulge in December 1944 as part of the 4th Armored Division under General Patton's overall command, contributing to the relief of the besieged town of Bastogne and the eventual triumph of the Allies in the European Theater.
- Length: 214mm.
- Width: 86mm.
- Tamiya undertook exhaustive surveys of real M4A3E8s in order to depict its form with great accuracy, including the subtly curved turret surfaces, flat welded hull panels and the HVSS.
- Slide molded parts artfully capture surface textures of cast turret and welded upper hull panels.
- Wide, single-pin T66 tracks are realistically depicted using belt type parts. Drive sprockets feature precisely molded holes.
- Engine grille, rear-installed deflector, and tool parts showcase stunning realism.
- Clear parts recreate headlight lenses and cupola vision blocks.
- Features commander torso figure and decals to recreate tanks from 2 units in the European Theater at the end of WWII.
This model kit is supplied unassembled and unpainted.
Glue, brushes and paint are not included.
- Additional Information
Scale 1:35 Brand Tamiya Nationality American Era World War Two Material Plastic