Bedford MWD British Army Mickey MouseOD76MWD001
This MWD truck represents the most used transport vehicle by the Allies in WWII. From late 1939 to 1945, Vauxhall Motors supplied vast numbers of these to the armed services, with over 66,000 being based on the 15 cwt 4 x 2 MW chassis. The MWD was the general service truck. The Oxford version is a replica of the later version, which had a closed cab, whereas earlier ones featured open cabs. With fold down windscreen, they earned the name \'the pneumonia trucks\'. This particular example is a replica of the truck that served with 505 Company Royal Engineers, part of the 50th Northumbrian Division, operating particularly from D-Day to Operation Market Garden at the end of September 1944, after which it was transferred to Corps Engineers. It ended the war in Germany, building the Tyne-Tees bailey bridges over the Rhine. The vehicle has been restored and you can see it at various military shows during the season.
We Also Recommend
Corgi Plaxton Pointer Dart City Of Chester - Cliveden Road 18
Corgi CC99189 Only Fools and Horses Reliant Robin and Ford Capri Mk II